Solved: Photo problem in Facebook/Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lightenrod

Dell Dimension 3100, P4, 1G RAM, Firefox 11
OK Folks, I need help. I've been working on this for two days and have done everything I can think of and everything I can find on the net to do.
A couple of weeks ago I could no longer view photo's in Facebook using Firefox. IE works fine. All I get is the blank thumbnails. If I click on that I get a blank spot where the picture should be. I can, however, right click the photo blank and open it in a new link.
It only happens with Facebook. I've checked several other sites with Photo's and they all work.
All the pictures down the sides work OK. Just the photo's in the albums don't work.
I have rechecked the settings and it's set for public viewing.
Cleaned the cache with CCleaner deleted all history
Unchecked the FF popup blocker
Reinstalled FF11, FF12 beta3, FF 3.6, then back to FF 11 when all the others produced the same problem.
Reinstalled Adobe Flash Player 11 several times (with and without IE)
Reinstalled Java and Java Runtime.
Uninstalled or disabled all Add-ons
Facebook is not blocked on FF>Tools>Options>Content>"Exceptions"
It's just this computer. My other computer, sitting right beside it, works great.
I rarely use Facebook so I'm not super sharp with it. It seems like this is a setting somewhere that I'm missing.
Occassionally, a friend plays Farmville (or something like that).

Can anybody help me. I'm worn out and getting kind of crabby. I would appreciate any suggestions.

could a bit of antivirus software be blocking certain parts of web pages (in this case facebook album photos?). Odd that it works in IE and not firefox though. Saying that, ive had issues with facebook chat for about 5 days now, just says the word loading in firefox but works in chrome. If nothing else works it could be that facebook have made changes their end which doesnt work in firefox yet

lightenrod

SRD7, thanks for the reply. I disabled the AVG antivirus but it didn't help.
This is a little weird. I'm a senior citizen and the IT man of our group. I take care of about 10 computers. For my convenience, I have them all set up almost exactly the same with the same basic necessary programs. Last October, this exact thing happened only it was the other way around. Photo's would not open in IE but worked great in Firefox. This computer is XP and the other was W7.
I sought help in this forum and got no replies. I just read my old post and it reads just like this one. I'm considering that I might be building something into the system to cause this problem. In researching through Google, I've seen the problem a few times but never a solution. Most were several years old.
Anyway, thanks for the reply. If you think of anything else, fire away.

lightenrod

Phantom010, you were sooo right. I copied the passwords and addresses, then did a destructive uninstall. Deleted a few remaining folders using the guide you sent, restarted, reinstalled. IT WORKS!!!

This is one that I'm happy to mark SOLVED:)

Thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online