1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: photos from CD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by wsimm, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wsimm

wsimm Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1022 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 137506 MB; I: Total - 1907728 MB, Free - 1652482 MB; J: Total - 305168 MB, Free - 297504 MB;
    Motherboard: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL, GA-8TRC410M-NF
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I am very old & technically illiterate so please make it simple.

I put 3 CDs of photos on to my computer & they worked all right.
    I went to put on a fourth one but the individual icons appeared on my deastop & I am unable to get rid of them. I have put each one in the recycle bin immediately deleted them from the bin ( I thought satisfactorily). Every time I go back to my desktop they are there again. I must have tried this 12 times & am despairing. I tried restore dates back to before I put it on but this makes no difference. PLEASE HELP ME.
    wsimm

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what do the icons look like
    can we see a screen shot at all

To post a screen shot of the active window.
    1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
    Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

3. wsimm

wsimm Thread Starter

Thankyou. Although I have managed the screenshot I can't seem to upload it.It keeps saying uploading, but nothing appears on this screen.
    My son couldn't help with my original question but I will see if he can help with the uploading, but this will be to-morrow.
    Thanks again.
    wsimm

Attached Files:

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Just something to try. I see you have a folder on your desktop titled "New Folder". If that is empty, can you drag and drop the photos on the desktop to be deleted into that "New Folder"?

5. wowzer

wowzer

Are you sure you deleted them from the bin and didn't restore?

6. wsimm

wsimm Thread Starter

I have moved them into the NEW FOLDER , deleted it & it has worked. Thankyou very much for your help.
    wsimm

7. wsimm

wsimm Thread Starter

Thankyou very much . This has solved my problem

wsimm

8. wsimm

wsimm Thread Starter

Yes I had done that but my problem is now solved. Thankyou.
    wsimm

9. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice