Solved: photos from CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wsimm

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 137506 MB; I: Total - 1907728 MB, Free - 1652482 MB; J: Total - 305168 MB, Free - 297504 MB;
Motherboard: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL, GA-8TRC410M-NF
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I am very old & technically illiterate so please make it simple.

I put 3 CDs of photos on to my computer & they worked all right.
I went to put on a fourth one but the individual icons appeared on my deastop & I am unable to get rid of them. I have put each one in the recycle bin immediately deleted them from the bin ( I thought satisfactorily). Every time I go back to my desktop they are there again. I must have tried this 12 times & am despairing. I tried restore dates back to before I put it on but this makes no difference. PLEASE HELP ME.
wsimm

etaf

Wayne
one but the individual icons appeared on my deastop
what do the icons look like
can we see a screen shot at all

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

wsimm

Thankyou. Although I have managed the screenshot I can't seem to upload it.It keeps saying uploading, but nothing appears on this screen.
My son couldn't help with my original question but I will see if he can help with the uploading, but this will be to-morrow.
Thanks again.
wsimm

Attachments

mtzlplex

Account Closed
Just something to try. I see you have a folder on your desktop titled "New Folder". If that is empty, can you drag and drop the photos on the desktop to be deleted into that "New Folder"?

wsimm

Thankyou. Although I have managed the screenshot I can't seem to upload it.It keeps saying uploading, but nothing appears on this screen.
My son couldn't help with my original question but I will see if he can help with the uploading, but this will be to-morrow.
Thanks again.
wsimm
I have moved them into the NEW FOLDER , deleted it & it has worked. Thankyou very much for your help.
wsimm

wsimm

Just something to try. I see you have a folder on your desktop titled "New Folder". If that is empty, can you drag and drop the photos on the desktop to be deleted into that "New Folder"?
Thankyou very much . This has solved my problem

wsimm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online