1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Photoshop 7 Memory prob

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by GrahamH, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrahamH

GrahamH Thread Starter

Hi Guys my PS 7 suddenly says it can't load because there is n t enough RAM . I have 256mb. Tried uninstalling from Windows and reinstalling but nothing. same error
    Any ideas or where to go. I use this so much with the family stuff :mad:

2. slipe

slipe

For starters try Ctrl+Alt+Del and end task on everything except Systray and Explorer. Then try to open Photoshop.

If you can get it to open go Edit>Preferences>Memory and Image Cache and set it at something conservative like 60%. Tweak it up from there – with 256Mb RAM I would want about 70%. Remember that is 70% of RAM that isn’t already being used, so it doesn’t mean that 30% is all the RAM remaining for the computer. I like to have that 30% available so the scanner doesn’t have to write to the hard drive.

3. GrahamH

GrahamH Thread Starter

Thank you for your help , It worked well and I have adjusted my preferences as per your advice
    regards Graham New Zealand

4. slipe

slipe

Glad it worked. Say hello to Gandalf for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!