1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Photoshop CS2 Program Error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kaihou, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaihou

kaihou Thread Starter

Hi again!

So for a while my sister has been complaining that her Photoshop hasn't been working. I checked it out and the problem is that whenever she tries to open a file or make a new one, the program comes up with:

"Adobe Photoshop
    Could not complete your request due to a program error."

I virus scanned, uninstalled/installed the Photoshop more than 5 times, restarted the computer a million times, and nothing came up. Plus, I tried looking for an answer on Google but all that came up was stuff for Macs.

Anyone wanna help out? :confused:

Oh yeah its a Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit, Dell Inspiron 1525

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I would try creating a new user profile with admin rights and see if Photoshop will behave normally from that user account. If it does then its something about the user profile giving it fits. If not then the program must be corrupt or there is something system-wide that interfers with that function. Maybe try disabling DEP but that's just a guess to try. There's plenty of free space on the drive?

3. kaihou

kaihou Thread Starter

Well, I found out that it works on the Guest user profile... so what the heck do I do now? :p

Oh yeah there's a lot of space on the drive.

And I have no idea what a DEP is xD

4. slipe

slipe

Try Ctrl+Alt+Shift when you boot the program. It should let you reset to preferences to default. That might not fix the problem, but it is an easy thing to try.

5. kaihou

kaihou Thread Starter

Nope. Nothing happens when I press Ctrl+Alt+Shift :/

6. kaihou

kaihou Thread Starter

Actually, I tried it again and something about "Scratch Disk" or something popped up and I changed the first two settings from "Startup" to "C:/"... No clue what I just did but I felt like I had to do something...

Now I can't get whatever popped up before to pop up again. And apparently it my internet browser closes everytime I press Ctrl+Alt+Shift o.o

7. slipe

slipe

Photoshop should not do anything with a Ctrl+Alt+Shift while the program is running. However if you try it when you first boot the program as I suggested you should get a dialog box for user preferences.

8. kaihou

kaihou Thread Starter

How weird. I reinstalled my printer and then registered my Photoshop and it started working again... Solved!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/848632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice