Solved: Photoshop CS4 issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ondrej

Hello everyone.
This is my first post here, I hope it hasn't been asked already because I already did search.

I have a problem with my Photoshop CS4 --after installing the Creative Suite and starting Photoshop, the load screen shows up and then gets stuck at Reading preferences. I've searched for the solution online but couldn't get any answer that could help me. I tried resetting the prefering by holding 'Ctrl-shift-alt' and that didn't help either.

Any help?
Thanks in advance

---
My comp specifications:

AMD Athlon 2.00 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM memory
Graphics card: ATI Radeon AH3650 silent 512 MB DDR2
Running on a 32bit Windows 7.

Do any of the other suite programs load correctly?

Is this install from a download from Adobe or from a retail box?

Have you tried calling Adobe? My experience only, has been very good with them. Others have not had such good luck.

I've had this problem before, i fixed it by uninstalling the entire suite and the putting it back on again.

Ondrej

Thanks for the fast replies, guys!
@wowzer: All other suite programs are loading correctly. It's a retail box, Master Collection.
@IT-Support: I only tried reinstalling Photoshop but that didn't help.

wild shot.

Have you tried dissabling all other start up programs...antivirus and the like

sorry I don't have 7 so I can't dink around to search for you. I do have CS4 on an XP machine with 2 gigs of ram and it does take a bit for the prferences to load if I'm not careful.

Do you have anything else running when you try to load it? Maybe running out of ram? I assume 7 is a resource hog and I know CS4 is.

Ondrej

@wowzer: There's no way the problem would be waiting, it just freezes. I closed my antivirus while doing it and it's doing the same thing. The weirdest thing is that I can open Illustrator and let's say InDesign at the same time and it doesn't freeze but while on Photoshop, it does.

Ondrej

I'm back and I managed to make it work.

The solution can be found over here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405064.html
Also, I did some Photoshop update (dl from Adobe's site) http://is.gd/bhA30
As a final step, I reinstalled the latest video card drivers manually.

Thank you for the help and if there's anyone that still has the problem, I hope this thread will be a representative one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online