1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Photoshop CS5 Text Tool trouble

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Kavindra, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kavindra

Kavindra Thread Starter

Okay, so I just got Photoshop CS5 the other day. I was working on editing a picture, and going to add text to it when my text tool stopped working. I've looked it up, and saw that sometimes font packs downloaded will keep it from working properly, so I deleted all of the new fonts that I had installed since I had a backup of them just in case that wasn't the problem. That didn't fix the problem. I've tried resetting the character, and photoshop itself. I've even tried repairing photoshop through the download, and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Nothing is working.

I'm not exactly computer savvy, but I'd really like some help here. It was working fine until just today, and I can't figure out why it's stopped working. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Any/all psd files .. Or just the one you were editing ???

3. Kavindra

Kavindra Thread Starter

I hadn't tried that until you asked. It apparently is just the one file I was working on, and not all of them. Is there any way I can fix that?

I honestly wouldn't mind much, but I've spent hours working on this image and I don't want to lose my progress.

Edit:

Okay, so it seems I've gotten it to work. My image resolution somehow got messed up, but it's fixed now. Thanks for helping! I really appreciate it ^^

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I figured something was "wrong" with the psd .. Glad you figured out what it was.
    Res would have done it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1126218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice