Solved: PHPMyAdmin: Can't load mcrypt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bendee

Hi. This is driving me insane, so any help is welcome!!

I'm running a test server (Apache 2.2), with PHP 5.2.16. I've also downloaded MySQL and configured PHP to it, all on Windows Vista. I've then downloaded and set up phpMyAdmin, to manage my databases (as I don't have a clue how to do that otherwise!) but when I go to the phpmyadmin login page it comes up with the error: "Cannot load mcrypt extension. Please check your PHP configuration."

I've had a good look on the net and tried everything and I still can't get it to work! So this is what I've tried and if anyone knows of anything I haven't done that I could try then that would be great!

- In my php.ini file I took the comma away on the line: extension=php_mcrypt.dll
- I changed these lines: /$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'radtimes'; & /$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; in Apaches config.inc file.
- I've copied: libmcrypt.dll : into my php/ext file.
- I've copied : libmcrypt.dll into Windows/system32
- I've gone into System/Environment variables and added my PHP root files to the Path setting.
- I've reloaded Apache after each change and restarted the comp after each stage.
:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online