1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pink Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by melvow, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melvow

melvow Thread Starter

I have had this problem on and off for several months now but 3 days ago my LCD monitor screen went pink again and has not returned to normal. Previously I thought it may have been due to a magnetic field so I removed any possible cause. The screen would then flicker from normal to pink and then finally returned to normal. I tried the same thing again and also have tried 3 different cables, still pink! This morning I have tried it on another computer and lo and behold normal! Can someone please tell me what might be the problem? I have no other operating problems, I can do everything but just have to look at this horrible bright pink colour over everthing, very annoying and irritating on the eyes. Thanks

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Sounds like graphics card - is it onboard or an expansion ? It could need updated drivers , it could be overheating , it could just need to be removed/reseated if it's expansion . You could lower the settings to performance over quality . Or it could be borked .
    I'd update drivers first , then adjust performance settings . Then reseat after cleaning any fans , if applicable . Lower the refresh rate for the monitor . I doubt the card is dying as the problem is going on for months - days would be more likely .

3. melvow

melvow Thread Starter

I had an idea it might be the graphics card even though I have little idea of the finer points of the computer world. Everything is built in but I did do a quick flick over the air vents last night, I have an idea now that it could be overheating as you suggested. I will follow your tips and if no luck will return to the point of purchase as it is still under warranty. (Glad I took out extended warranty now!).
    Thanks again, much appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice