1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pinning to Taskbar

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by 1northstar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1northstar

1northstar Thread Starter

I'm having trouble pinning items to my taskbar and getting them to stay there. Every time I turn my computer back on the items have disappeared from my taskbar.

2. 1northstar

I forgot to include the other problems I'm having in my last post. I want to recycle some old files from my desktop associated with a version of Avast that I downloaded. However, when I try to recycle them it says I need "administrative privileges". How do I change this? I am the administrator for my computer. I also can't get rid of the small icon on the right bottom side of the screen for a free VPN I downloaded called CyberGhost.exe. I have removed this program from my computer otherwise -- I deleted it from Control Panel. I also can't get rid of the small icon for a free VPN called HSSCP.exe. Again, this item was deleted from the Control Panel and does not show up anywhere else on my computer. Finally, I cannot connect to Tor Browser. It is saying that a peer blocked my connection.

3. 1northstar

I also forgot one other problem, and that is that I cannot get Avast Free Anti-Virus to run. The previous version of Avast that I had on my computer was a free trial of their Internet Security program. However, Internet Security didn't work, and I had to remove it (what I could). So, like I said, Avast Free Anti-Virus is now not working. I recently fixed a bunch of virus problems by refreshing my computer, and since then it seems like the Windows built-in firewall is working, which I don't understand because before the refresh and from the time that I purchased the computer in January, this wasn't working. Thanks.

4. 1northstar

Bumping this Thread -- Thanks for your Help

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. See screenshot please
    May I presume this is how you are pinning them to the taskbar

2. Going back to your other topic in Malware I suspect that system file check reported
    rather than the post you made
    as there is, as my colleague has said no such response from system file check

3. CyberGhost
    According to my info it is not listed as being offered for Windows 8
    https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/i...ew/393/56/devices-that-support-cyberghost-vpn

4. Re Tor browser
    https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#WhatIsTor

Unless you have some special need for the security that it is supposed to provide I suggest you leave it off the computer

5. If the nature of your work on this computer provides the need for such security measures then IMHO you require the services of an expert in this field - which I am most certainly not.

6. If you are relying on either of the aforementioned programs for the purpose of Torrenting and Peer to Peer, for the supposed hiding of your Ip etc., then IMHO such browsing and downloads may well have been the cause of the problems discovered by my colleague in Malware

Or indeed the programs themselves
    7. Have all of the above and the Hot Spot Shield
    http://www.anchorfree.com/hotspot-shield-VPN-download-windows.php

been reinstalled after the refresh

IF SO my strong recommendation is that you start again and leave off all of these.

Attached Files:

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Received by PM

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice