Solved: Pioneer DVD-RW problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bo0sheke

I bought a Pioneer DVD-RW a while back after my CD-RW died. I haven't had any problems with, but now When I need to write on a DVD or CD, it does not read the blank CD/DVD
I have a stash of CD-R/RW's and new DVD-R's

Memorex Black CD-R 40x 700mb 80mins
Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB and says up to 16x"
Imatation CD-R 1x-52x w/ scratch resistant coating
Memorex CD-RW Ultra Speed 16x~24x

None seem to be reading, but It can read movies, Music, and Programs fine
All it came with was the drive and the instructions, It did not come with any CD's
(which confused me, I thought DVD drives come with Nero or something)

Here is the product Page from where I got it:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=944987
All the drivers seem to be updated, it can't find any better updates.

Triple6

Rob
So you are not using any CD/DVD burning software? What about the software from the old drive?

You can download the free DeepBurner Program if you have nothing: http://www.deepburner.com/

bo0sheke

no, with my old drive I was able to just click an icon that said copy to disk, then I guess some MS app, opened and had a spot where ou can title the CD then just click burn.
the old drive was stock with the PC, and this PC is a hand-me down, so I don't know if It had any burning software.
so, I downloaded the link you gave me and It seems to have solved my problem (y) :D thank you!
I like that lable creator it comes with alos, all I have to do is create a cover in photoshop, then open it and resize it to fit the cover alot nicer then messing with different sizes in photoshop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online