Solved: playing game and computer restarted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i was playing a racing game on my computer, and out of no where my computer restarted? :confused: need some help, thanks.

I notice you've been posting a lot over the last little while. That's not a bad thing, but we need to know a little more about your computer in this case. Specs?

What game is it?

Has this happened before? Is it happening on this one game or on multiple games? Does it happen regularly or after a certain amount of time?

This info will help diagnose the problem.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i dont have as many as i did, i have my specs in my profile, but thats ok, its a Dell Optiplex GX 110, 256 mb ram.

gmcsierra99

Banned
it hot Rod American Street Drag, it happened earlyier, this is the only game it restarted on, and after a certain amount of time.

You mean the computer ACTUALLY restarted and began loading Windows and everything again? Or did it freeze/ crash to desktop?

Let me take a look at a couple things. I'll be right back...

EDIT: You're computer far exceeds all the requirements for the game to run.

gmcsierra99

Banned
it COMPLETELY restarted, it exceeds the requirments? i didnt know that.

Check something for me:

• From your desktop, right click My Computer
  • Click Properties
  • Click on the Advanced tab
  • Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings

Is there a check mark next to "Automatically Restart"? Don't do anything yet- tell me if there is a check mark there or not.

You are running XP, right?

• Click on Start
  • Click on Control Panel
  • Click on Administrative Tools
  • Click on Computer Management
  • Click on System
  • Are there any System Error messages listed at the time the problem occurred?

gmcsierra99

Banned
ok, is that the reason it was restarting? and is there a way to stop it from restarting?

If you uncheck "Automatically Restart" you're computer won't restart and instead you'll likely get a BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) with an error message, code, and what file (if any) is causing the problem. Then you'll have to manually reboot (hold down the power button and then turn back on the computer).

Jotting down ALL that info makes it easier to diagnose the problem. :) Sometimes the BSoD gives a driver file or something that may be causing the problem, and it may be as easy as updating a driver or two to resolve it.

gmcsierra99

Banned
ok, thanks, when you say holding down the power button, do you mean hold in the power button on the CPU?

gmcsierra99

Banned
i got a message, saying to go into Start, programs, etc. to turn on the alerter or something like that.

Did you get a BSoD?

And the button I'm talking about is the same button you press to turn on the computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online