1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Playing musicmatch licensed songs in windows media player 11?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mpompu, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mpompu

mpompu Thread Starter

I just downloaded windows media player 11 today. My computer uses Windows XP professional.
    When I try to play songs that I got through musicmatch (now yahoo! music jukebox) it says:
    license acquisition failed! unspecified error!

i can play the songs fine in the Yahoo! music jukebox player.

I could play them o.k. in the old WMP because musicmatch was one of the online stores. musicmatch is no longer one of the online stores in the new WMP 11.

Any suggestions on how to play the musicmatch songs in WMP 11? I like to use WMP 11 to listen to songs and sync them to my iRiver.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. I would go back and edit my post if I were you....posting your email will only increase your spam.

3. mpompu

mpompu Thread Starter

AHA! I fixed it!
    When I had my old windows media player (WMP 10) I had installed "musicmatch for windows media player" I saw that when I did control panel -> add/remove programs.

So today I

1) went to control panel->add/remove programs
    2) DELETED "musicmatch for windows media player" (with change/remove)
    3) NOW I CAN play the musicmatch content I purchased in WMP 11

So a BKM (best knownmethod) is that if you are upgrading to the new WMP 11 and cannot play songs you bought in musicmatch/yahoo! music jukebox you may need to delete "musicmatch for windows media player" if you have that installed. Nothing else fixes it.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Thanks for the follow up. You can mark the thread solved using the THREAD TOOLS drop down menu :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/563682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice