1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Please help me - Connecting PC to TV

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Threnody1, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Threnody1

Threnody1 Thread Starter

Hello! I have a little annoying problem with my PC - TV -combination. I recently bought a new TV, LG LG 42LS3400 (42'', FullHD). I intend to use my new TV as a duplicated computer monitor, but for some reason I haven't been able to for a connection between those two devices. My GPU (Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 6870) has a HDMI connector, so I linked those two with a HDMI cable. PC detects the TV but when I try to switch TV's input to HDMI, it gives me "no signal".

Few things I've tried:

- Reboot PC when HDMI when the cable is connected
    - Adjust TV's resolution and refresh rate via GPU's software (AMD VISION Engine Control Center) to lower value
    - Checked if both connectors are firmly plugged in
    - Updated, unistalled & reinstalled graphics drivers
    - Tried both of TV's HDMI connectors

Nothing of those have worked so far. I am running out of skill, so could somebody wiser give me some advices how I can get this piece up and running. My TV doesn't have a VGA or DVI connector so I really have no other options than HDMI link.

All help is highly appreciated! [​IMG] Someone could save my day by finding the solution to my problem

Ps. my operating system is Win7 64 bit.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Ensure you are using a TV spec resolution (ie: 480P/720P/1080P @ 60hz) in the display properties setup.

480P = 640x480
    720P = 1280/1366x720
    1080P = 1920x1080

3. Threnody1

Threnody1 Thread Starter

I've tried that already without any results. My HDTV stays blank.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Is the TV recognized by Windows? Have you configured the display options to use the TV?

5. Threnody1

Threnody1 Thread Starter

My HDMI cable was defected, I tried another on and everything works just fine! Thanks for helping me :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065341