1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Please help me find my Server Address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JennyCx3, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JennyCx3

JennyCx3 Thread Starter

hello, i need some help finding out my Server Address or some kind of address from my computer, i am a very begginner when it comes to technology and i would just like to know the address for an application i recently got called Remote Desktop Client, i'm pretty sure i'm not looking for an IP addess because when i typed in my IP address it didn't work, so please help i just want to use a simple app and it wont let me

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Remote Desktop Client is for connecting to another computer. So, you want to find the address of that other computer? If so, is it on your LAN (Local Area Network) or somewhere else and you intend to connect to it over the internet?

3. JennyCx3

JennyCx3 Thread Starter

umm again im a very begginer in this tech stuff, but i went online to find somewhat of what my LAN IP address is and it also didnt seem to work and is there any way to connect it besides the internet?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You haven't told us what you are trying to do. Do you want to find your computer's address? Or your public IP address (which may or may not be the same thing)? Or the address of another computer on your LAN? Or the public IP address of a computer elsewhere?

And, after you get whatever address, what do you intend to do with the address?

5. JennyCx3

JennyCx3 Thread Starter

im just trying to work my Remote Desktop Client, which doesn't seem to be as easy as it seems, i want to find some sort of address to my host computer that will allow the Remote Desktop Client to work, but judging from you list there are many different types of addresses, im sorry if im being vague i just dont know what im doing though

6. JennyCx3

JennyCx3 Thread Starter

nevermind, sorry for wasting your time, but i just did some research and my software is not compatible with Remote Desktop Client, so all of this is useless, Sorryy, but thanks for the effort

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

OK. If you tell us what you want to do we may still be able to help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/993086