1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Please help me with system restore...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by leanne1984, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leanne1984

leanne1984 Thread Starter

It's not working, the only thing wrong with my PC nowadays! This is what happens when I load it (see image). I can't start the service VSC manually as it says access denied. Is it a registry problem? Also some other services say access denied and file not found, but they're nothing to do with restore, that's why I think it could be a registry issue. What is it supposed to say under the VSC service reg key? I've searched the net but seems people have only had remotely similar issues with XP and VSC is different in that system. If anyone can help...I'll be grateful! I'm normally pretty good at sorting out PC stuff. [​IMG]

2. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus

I think you have to log in as the 'Administrator', like root one, every pc has one, in XP, cause when you log in after pressing F8 it'll give you the login option as 'Guest', 'Administrator', and '*Insert your account name here*..

I'd suggest doing a 32bit recovery or 64bit recovery *One of the options in repair your computer thing*, and do a complete factory recovery, but back up everything you want on a disk first...

3. leanne1984

Can't do any form of recovery, as Volume Shadow Copy doesn't work and I don't fancy re-installing the whole thing. I know how to do that. I would like to fix it without having to result in this. I am also logged in as Administrator and it did used to work. I also done nothing to make it stop working.

4. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus

Right click [My Computer] [Properties] then click on System Restore tab.
    Put a check in the box for Disable Restore on all drives.
    Click apply, then Reboot your PC.
    After the system reboots, navigate to the System Restore tab and turn it back on. Click apply.
    Navigate to [System Tools] [Restore...] and choose [Create a Restore Point]
    Provide a name for the new restore point.
    Try and restore the new point just created. It should work properly.

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/bl...tore-your-system-to-a-previous-working-state/

5. leanne1984

Sithtradmus It's all blanked out... and this error comes up. It's the VSC I need to fix:

[​IMG]

6. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus

7. leanne1984

Guess the thing I had to do was to re-install Vista. Easy to do as I have all my music and stuff on an external harddrive. Everything's running smoothly now. And none of the Acers own stuff is on, nor any 30 day trial version of Norton. And no fancy memory hogging but unecessary HD Audio managers. I've noticed one thing though: the lastest version of my graphics driver is unstable when playing games and gives a low performance score so I've had to roll back. Otherwise so far so good (even have the same wallpaper/skin going).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!