Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Please Help: Stop Error Message And Bsod Screen

844 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
My computer got a virus and i used norton anti-virus to scan and i deleted the files that had a virus. but now everytime i log into windows, i get the BLUE screen with an error message at the bottom: Stop: 0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0x835BB5D0, 0xF77F7CB0, 0x00000000)

I looked in the event viewer and realized there were error application records and system error records. All the application files were missing and there were error symbols on the files under SYSTEM.

I reinstalled windows xp from the recovery cd but the computer still has problems booting up. I have a feeling its a memory problem and i also get the feeling that this will be a very tough repair process. Windows doesn't seem to recover from the win xp cd so what do i do now???? If i can PLEASE get someone's advice on how to fix this problem this would be awesome.

#2 ·
think it's a ram problem....how many sticks do you have in there? If more than one, take all but one out and make sure it's in the first slot (closest to the processor) and try to boot.

#3 ·
Hi,

I tried taking the RAM stick and putting it into the second slot but that doesn't work

I went to start>run>cmd then i typed in sfc /scannow to run a scan but it says:

"Windows file cannot initiate a scan of protected system files.
The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable.].

I tried running this program call memtest86 to test the memory but for some reason, the program doesn't work. The computer downloads the installation but when I click setup. A DOS screen flashes for about half a second.

The closest clue to the problem is when I looked in the event viewer(Run>eventvwr.msc) and realized that there were no application files and there were error symbols(a red circle with an X in it) next to more than 10 system files and more than 50 dcom files.

#4 ·
that's a different error code than was originally given. there's a solution posted here, but I don't know if you want to go that route.

#6 ·
sweet......glad that it worked for you, and even gladder that you fixed it yourself. Nothing like a sense of self-accomplishment to inflate one's ego. :)

If you are happy with the resolution, you can mark this thread solved under the thread tools button at the upper right.

hope you stick around,

v

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.