1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Please help video card problems! D:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fallensodo, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallensodo

fallensodo Thread Starter

Hey everyone I recently bought a Lenovo H430 as a base system which I intended to amp up into a proper gaming station. Purchased a cheap video card (radeon hd 6450) turns out it wasn't powerful enough for me so I bought a higher card only to today find my power supply can't handle it. Anyway I take out the new card and put back in the radeon but for whatever reason no signal is coming out of the card. I've tinkered with the bios all the drivers are installed and up to date but I can't for the life of me make the pc recognize anything other than on board video. Please help before I burst a blood vessel.:mad:

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I put the card in onboard video stops functioning, however there is still no signal coming out of the pci card. So it looks like the motherboard recognizes that there is a card there it simply isnt working.

Edit #2: Alright so I went in and reinstalled the drivers to see if that would word, screen stayed black for a good 2 minutes then popped up to the windows screen. I'll mark this as solved incase anyone else is having a panic attack over whether or not they fried their video card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice