Solved: Please help with .exe problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Markisan

Hi. I saved some jpegs from the internet but when I try and open them I get a message that says "Wndows cannot open .exe" What should I do to fix this?

Also, I'd like to download a picture viewing program that allows me to open any images. I'd also like to set it up as my default image viewer so I don't have to mess around trying different programs. I can open the jpegs in Gimp for instance but can't open by simply clicking on file.

Can you please tell me if there is a free and simple image program I can download that will help? And also, how should I set it up so it always opens my images and gives me thumbnails of those images. Thanks.

Argy

Banned
right click on the jpegs and open them with your preferd image editor.

Argy

Banned
sorry.
*right click the jpeg, go to ""open with.."
and browse to find your image editor

Markisan

Hi. I tried right clicking. On the jpegs it doesn't give me the option to "open with" just "open". When I do the message appears.

Markisan

Cheers! :) (y)

I'll mark the thread "solved" then, but for future reference this option is available to you as well in the "Thead Tools" tab when you are satisfied with a resolution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online