1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by avster, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. avster

avster Thread Starter

I just updated my bios and now it wouldn't even boot up :(:(

It just keep re-booting every 3sec, so i can't even get to bios.

Anyone know why and how can I fix it??

2. BG-0

BG-0

The update propably went wrong.. That would be the worst case scenario, as the mobo would be unusable because of that.
    Okay. First try clearing the CMOS. Check your manual or read some other threads on how to do this. There should be a CMOS jumper (like this: http://www.dansdata.com/images/133aboards/cmos360.jpg) that you move to another position to clear the CMOS.
    Other option would be to take the battery on the mobo out, and wait for about half an hour, so it surely clears it.

3. avster

avster Thread Starter

ok thx, gonna try that let you in an hour

4. Compiler

Compiler

And if that doesn't work. Mobo is dead... You could try to contact manufacture to have them "fix it" if its under warranty. Either their BIOS loader screwed up or the wrong BIOS was installed, usually safety checks catches such problems.

5. avster

avster Thread Starter

oh welll there goes my Mobo:mad::mad:, thx for help guys

what is a good mobo for the gaming nowdays btw

6. Compiler

Compiler

Any motherboard can do "gaming"... from $50 to $500.

Question is, what is your current board & hardware (CPU, RAM, video card, HDs) so as to re-use as much, if not all your hardware. If you have an AMD CPU, it wouldn't do much good to recommend an intel motherboard, eh?

If you're looking to upgrade, that is a bit different matter, but still need to re-use as much as you can.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice