1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] please please HELP!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ppenguine, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ppenguine

ppenguine Thread Starter

I have seen similar posts to what i am about to request..but no answers that help me...i have win98se..and am running yahoo messenger 5,6,0,1347...i am unable to view anyone's cam...i've tried everything i can possibly come up with..i am not behind a firewall..my isp dosent have a firewall...i have no proxy..i am on a cable connection..i am able to view cam's on everyother website..just not yahoo..which is the only one i truelly want to use..please help me..ive been trying to fix this for about 3 weeks now..and it is probably something simple that i am over looking..i have also tried to load and reload yahoo several times..and even tried down grading my messenger to 5.5..but i am still unable to view anyone's web cam .. the exact error message is: "network error while connecting to server"..yahoo help has been of no use..because i am certain i am not behind a firewall...PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

Could it be THEIR settings per chance? I see an option in Yahoo to allow users to view your cam.....

3. ppenguine

ppenguine Thread Starter

i guess it could be possible..but it happens with ALL the cams i try to view. and even those who invite me

4. ~Candy~

Can you post what you have running at startup.

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok...go to software, startups, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

5. ~Candy~

FIRST:

Under login, preferences, connections, try "NO NETWORK DETECTION."

6. ppenguine

ppenguine Thread Starter

here is the info you requested: Yahoo! Pager Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) c:\windows\SYSTEM\mstask.exe

7. ~Candy~

The startups look pretty lean. Did you try changing the setting I mentioned?

8. ppenguine

ppenguine Thread Starter

yes i tried changing the settings..still nothing..have i come up with the "impossible question" ??

9. ~Candy~

Yahoo technical support????? Maybe????

10. ppenguine

ppenguine Thread Starter

it was in my cable modem...the modem was bad..and finally quit working..when i got a new modem..everything was fixed..ty for all the help

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice