1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Please, someone help me!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by georgea341, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. georgea341

georgea341 Thread Starter

I recently tried to install a new theme (or icon pack) on my laptop. It came with it's own installer. After it was done installing, I restarted my computer. When my computer started back up I received this error MANY times:
    "The program can't start because SHELL32.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix this problem."
    I really can't open ANY program. How do I fix this? Is my laptop done for??? :(
    I would be DEVASTATED if my laptop was broken. I don't have a Windows 7 disk. I heard that was a way to fix it. I don't have one... :(

2. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

3. georgea341

I did those two things, but they didn't work. I try to restore the system, but ALL my restore points were gone. I tried to do the "sfc /scannow" command, but apparently I didn't have permission. I'm the only user on this computer. How do I not have permission to do something? I ended up fixing it by doing some kind of system repair on start up. Although, now my computer is really slow, and I can't use custom themes for windows 7 anymore! I had a really cool one installed, but now when I turn it on, it just shows up as a dark version of the classic theme. I tried re-downloading, and re-installing it, twice. It still didn't work. It seems like ANY custom theme I get shows up as the theme that messed up my computer. I uninstalled it, but it seems like it's still here. Is there any way I can repair it, and get my custom themes back? :confused:

4. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

5. georgea341

Oh yeah! I completely forgot that I about that... I just recently reset my computer to factory settings.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064271