Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  rfxcasey 
#1 ·
So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

#3 ·
I've tried going in there and the driver disappears when I unplug the keyboard and I've tried uninstalling the driver and it still doesn't make the laptop keyboard work.

And I'm afraid to reformat in case the buttons I need for reformatting don't work. Like l ends up tying 4 it's really weird.

#5 ·
I've tried going in there and the driver disappears when I unplug the keyboard and I've tried uninstalling the driver and it still doesn't make the laptop keyboard work.
Do you see the driver for your laptop keyboard? Or are there no keyboard drivers in there at all when you unplug the USB keyboard? Try a system restore or go to the manufacturers site for your laptop and see if you can download the driver for you keyboard there.

#6 ·
well there's 2 drivers, but the plugged in keyboard disappears when I unplug it and I've tried uninstalling it while it's plugged in but didn't fix anything.

What's a system restore?

I'm trying to find the keyboard drivers right now. It's an Acer Aspire 5600.

So I think I found it. Would it be the 'touchpad' driver?

#10 ·
This problem is most likely due to having the Num Lock (top-left key on the numpad) on the external keyboard active. Most laptops have a LED to indicate when the num lock is active. There should also be a num lock key on your laptop keyboard. Mine is located in the top-right row of keys. Turn it off and your keyboard will probably return to normal operation. Of course, the numpad on your external keyboard will not work.

Raybro

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.