Solved: Plugin container crashes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jumbo 1

Hi All,

When using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox I keep getting from time to time a warning telling Me that Plugin Container has stopped working, I have the latest version of Flash player and Nvidia Drivers for My Graphics card but the problem still keeps arising from time to time ..!

My Graphics card is a Nvidia AMD Radeon HD 7900 series.

Cheers

Jumbo 1

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Plugin-container.exe manages plugins in Firefox. There are as many plugin-container.exe processes as plugins launched since the Firefox session startup. Your plugins may include Shockwave Flash, Java, Silverlight...

Look at your plugins (not extensions) and try isolating the one causing the crash.

jumbo 1

What was your solution?
Hi Phantom010, I looked at My Plugins as You suggested ( thru Firefox ) and updated them. The thing I dont understand is that I installed the most recent Flash/Shockwave from Adobe originally. Anyway everything seems to be behaving itself now.
Many thanks for Your help and advice.
Regards
Jumbo1.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Flash needs to be updated regularly. Latest version is 16.0.0.296.

(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online