1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Plugin container crashes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jumbo 1, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jumbo 1

jumbo 1 Thread Starter

Hi All,

When using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox I keep getting from time to time a warning telling Me that Plugin Container has stopped working, I have the latest version of Flash player and Nvidia Drivers for My Graphics card but the problem still keeps arising from time to time ..!

My Graphics card is a Nvidia AMD Radeon HD 7900 series.

Cheers

Jumbo 1

2. Sponsor

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Plugin-container.exe manages plugins in Firefox. There are as many plugin-container.exe processes as plugins launched since the Firefox session startup. Your plugins may include Shockwave Flash, Java, Silverlight...

Look at your plugins (not extensions) and try isolating the one causing the crash.

4. Phantom010

What was your solution?

5. jumbo 1

jumbo 1 Thread Starter

Hi Phantom010, I looked at My Plugins as You suggested ( thru Firefox ) and updated them. The thing I dont understand is that I installed the most recent Flash/Shockwave from Adobe originally. Anyway everything seems to be behaving itself now.
    Many thanks for Your help and advice.
    Regards
    Jumbo1.

6. Phantom010

Flash needs to be updated regularly. Latest version is 16.0.0.296.

(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!