1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pogo and Firefox Issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by Guyzer, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

My wife, bless her soul is a Pogo addict and it's causing me grief. It seems when she tries to enter some game rooms a warning box hits her smack in the face and tells her she can't because there is a pop-up blocker installed. Well I like the Firefox blocker doing what it's supposed to do but I want it to allow all Pogo sites / rooms to show up so I don't have to come running every time she wants to play a stinking game. Can someone help me unblock all of Pogo.... Please. :confused:

2. GripS

GripS

You and me both(with wifes playing pogo games). In firefox click Tools-Options-Web Features. The first option 'Block Pop-up Windows' should have 'Allowed sites' right next to it. Add the site to the list and your nagged no more.

3. Telstar

Telstar

You can also ensure that your Firefox is enabled for Java and
    that you have the latest JRE (Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0)
    on your system.

1) Go to Firefox>Tools>Options>Web Features>check the box: Enable Java

2) Go here to verify and test for the latest JRE on your system.

3) Reboot

:)

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips folks. I had done all of that two days ago and my wife didn't let me know that the issue was resolved. In any event it's done and I am very happy and so is she. :D

5. treespirit

treespirit

Pogo works best with the Microsoft Virtual Machine, loads very slow with that Sun Java (n)

6. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Never had a speed issue with Java. Loads and plays lickity split.

7. Kananga

Kananga

I was using pogo - trying to use it -

I would get the java app loaded, the window would say "done" but I would get a white screen with a menu on the side... no game board showing no list of available tables..

I thought it was a problem with not having the latest java platform so I downloaded that and got it installed.

Same problem occurred.

Any ideas? It's very exasperating.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/409372