1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pop3-server not connecting

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cltman4u, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cltman4u

cltman4u Thread Starter

I was having problems with pop server not connecting on Thunderbird. A friend installed outlook 2003 (not express). My computer still won't connect to the Pop3 server. I can not send nor receive emails through the pop server. I have internet access. I can also send and receive email through webmail. My running program is Windows XP. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are the e-mail account settings correct? Did you verify the incoming and outgoing servers with your e-mail provider / ISP?

3. cltman4u

cltman4u Thread Starter

Yes, I believe that my email settings are correct. My ISP is carolina roadrunner.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Those settings are the first thing you need to check. Verify them by checking your ISP's support website. They should have specific details on how to configure your e-mail client.

5. cltman4u

cltman4u Thread Starter

Had to call geek squad to come out to the house. My ISP (carolina roadrunner) has it's own security (computer associates). It was corrupt and blocking my computer from connecting to the Pop server. Uninstalled the security and installed Mcafee. Called Time Warner raising hell. They are going to reimburse me for the service call.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!