Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Popup Allow List setting missing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rdickson 
#1 ·
I mistated this problem in my original post, I guess I slept since I discovered the problem. The actual problem is that the entire Internet Explorer section is missing from Administrative Templates / Windows Components under both Computer Configuration and User Configuration. The question is still how I can retrieve that section. The machine is running XP Pro sp3.

The "Popup Allow List" setting is missing from the Internet Explorer section when I run gpedit.msc on one particular machine. How can I retrieve that setting as it's a pain having to set it through IE for eash user that uses this machine. The machine has XP Pro sp3.

#2 ·
Welcome to TSG!

If that section is missing then you are likely missing the inetres.adm file that should be in the Windows\system32\GroupPolicy\Adm folder.
These can be downloaded from Microsoft, or copied off of another PC
Group Policy ADM Files

If one machine is missing that one setting, then the adm file has been modified by something. Replacing the adm file should fix it.

The Pop-up Allow list is stored in the registry at
Code:
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow
Once you've enabled the setting in gpedit you can import the list with a .reg file. Saves typing it on each PC.;)

HTH

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.