1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Port forward modem/router problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by agentmass, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

So I just got a new 40mbps internet connection and the they gave me a new modem/router thing im not exactly sure what it is but its brand name is SMCD3GN anyways i tried puting up a server on Warcraft3 and no one would join so I had a friend join my on Garrysmod and he could not join either so i logged into my router/modem and I did this

[​IMG]

And still no one could join I have spent about four hours now trying to fix this and I can't figure it out.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you positive that your IP address is 192.168.1.1?

I think that router defaults to LAN address 192.168.0.1, which would mean that your computer's IP would be from 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.254.

I based my thinking on this manual, which may not be the correct one.

3. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

Nevermind i bridged my router and it works now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice