1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Port forwarding isue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rosiel, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rosiel

Rosiel Thread Starter

I was trying to forward ports for some programs using a http://portforward.com guide.
    ...it says, but 10.0.0.138 doesnt work, I did search a bit with google about it but found nothing certain.
    The actuall question is: "How do I find my router's IP adress?[to get the router admin box]"

My router is a Lucent Technologies CELL-21A-BX-AR

2. Phoenyx

Phoenyx

The router's IP address should be the default gateway IP for any machine connected to it.

3. Rosiel

Rosiel Thread Starter

Then lets change the question a bit... how do i get to this window?
    [​IMG]
    This is supposed to be the router controll window or something like that.

4. golddust

golddust

Didn't you get that information with the router? You might try calling the tech support for your router. check the paperwork that came with it. another possibility is look under my network places. Does your router show up in the local network area. Click on properties and the address should show there.

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Assuming you are running a fairly recent version of Windows, go into the DOS/Command Prompt window and type in ipconfig /all . Then look for the line that says "Default Gateway". The numbers shown on the line will be the router's IP address.

I have not worked with a lot of routers but I have never seen any of them appear in "My Network Places".

EDIT: Corrected typo in IPCONFIG /ALL to remove an extra space.

6. Rosiel

Rosiel Thread Starter

There is nothing in the papers and i really dont want to call the tech support cause its 1,5€/min and you usually have to stick ~20min in the waiting line.

@cwwozniak
    Well yeah, but typing my default gateway into my browser wont open any router control windows, just returns a 404. Im not searching for that, I need the control window.

7. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The only Lucent Technologies product I could find on portforward.com was a CELL-22A-FX-CZ. You say you have a different Lucent model, a CELL-21A-BX-AR. Do you have any information that says the CELL-22A-FX-CZ instructions apply to your CELL-21A-BX-AR?

I did some looking around on the Lucent support site and could not find any user guides for the Cellpipe 21A-BX-AR. I did find a few guides for other Lucent Cellpipe models. Some versions of the Cellpipe Modem/Router do not seem to include a web based interface control panel. They may have a telnet and/or serial port connection to a command line interface.

Did your modem/router package come with any kind of CD-ROM. It may contain additional documentation that includes a user guide for your particular model.

8. Rosiel

Rosiel Thread Starter

Thanks, true.

As for the CD.. it only has drivers and a pdf on how to set up DSL, but neihter the papers nor the CD includes something like a configuration guide.

9. Sequal7

Sequal7

Um... If your router has a configuration area to get your routers IP (know as a gateway) then you should get to it using typing that ip into your browser.

Some ISP use thier own configuration utility and it can be reached via thier support area.

This is displayed if newly discovered UPNP devices is set up in firewall and networking and can be enabled in network tasks in My Network Places

10. coulterp

coulterp

The page you quote appears to be for a CELL-22A-FX-CZ2 and not your CELL-21A-BX-AR, which on a number of German language sites I found seems to be a modem rather than a router (http://www.dslteam.de/forum/archive/index.php/t-97206.html, "Dieses Speed-Modem 50 (CELL-21A-BX-AR) ist seit Anfang des Jahres durch ein Zyxel DSL Modem ersetzt worden, läuft aber weiter als Speedmodem 50", so from around 2005 became the Zyxel DSL modem.)
    That aside, and despite what it says on the page http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/LucentTechnologies/CELL-22A-FX-CZ/ I'd give 192.168.1.1 a shot as that address features in some of hte screen-shots, and also gets a mention on some of the German pages (e.g. http://www.hansenet-user-forum.de/archive/zyxel-660-hw-67-alice-6000-flat-pppoe-probleme-4431.htm, msg #1 and #3.
    If it turns out to be a plain modem you won't have to worry about port-forwarding anyway! :)

11. Rosiel

Rosiel Thread Starter

Ok, i guess thats solved then, thanks a lot.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice