1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Possible dumb DVD burn question

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Chewbubba, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chewbubba

Chewbubba Thread Starter

I've got a NEC DVD RW ND3550A that I installed in my machine a while back. I've been able to save stuff to DVD-Rs just fine without any problems.

However, my in-laws want me to save a bunch of photos/video to some DVD RWs. The ones they got are supposed to be compatible with the drive, but when I put them in, the drive name changes to "CD drive E:" and it says "E: is not accessible. Incorrect function."

Dragging files to the drive also results in the "E: is not accessible. Incorrect function." error.

Maybe those discs (4x DVD+RW) are NOT compatible after all?

2. JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon Banned

Why dont you use DVD burning software (like Nero or CDBXP) to burn to the DVD, instead of dragging and dropping.

3. Chewbubba

Chewbubba Thread Starter

I have an old version of Nero (ver 5.8.8.0), and it doesn't support DVD burning - the newer versions cost $$.

*Googles CDBXP*

I see that CDBXP is freeware. I'll give it a try. I'm assuming it works well? I read somewhere that the free ones don't work very well.

[Edit: Seemed to work great for me! Thanks!]

4. JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon Banned

Yep CDBXP is freeware, it can do most burning operations, including adding a boot sector to the CD. I use it for everything, it's reliable and the price is right.

5. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

You can't drag and drop to a DVD in XP. Only CDs'.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice