1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ''Power Control'' in device manager is reporting an error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freezingicekirby, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freezingicekirby

freezingicekirby Thread Starter

For a while now, my computer has been shutting down unexpectedly, whenever I run something that might use up a lot of my CPU and Memory. The computer doesn't really get that hot, so I don't think it's an overheat problem (but I'm not sure).

Anyhoo, I ran the AVG PC TuneUp, and it's reporting that a device isn't working properly. It's saying "Windows reports that the "Power Control [2011/02/17 11:59:38]" device is not working properly" in Device Manager. Opening Device Manager, I found what it was talking about under "Non-Plug & Play Drivers", and sure enough, it has a yellow "!" next to it.

[​IMG]

Clicking on it brings up a new window, and the device status says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)". It won't even give me an option to update the driver, and when I try to start it up, it just brings up an error message saying...

"The system encountered the following error while attempting to start the service
    The System cannot find the specific path
    ."

I just recently bought a new battery because the old one was going bad, but regardless if I keep it in or remove it, the error message stays. I don't believe there's anything wrong with the power cord either.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Could fixing this possibly solve my random instant-shut down problems? Anyone have any solutions?

=====
    Here are some of my system specs, just in case they're needed.
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

=============

EDIT

Nevermind, the problem has been fixed. Disregard this topic.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1094483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice