1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Power Cord Problem Toshiba Satellite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Korbei, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Korbei

Korbei Thread Starter

Hey there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite, A215-S5837. About 6 months ago my original adapter had died completely. So I had got a universal one. No problems up until recently. Now I had done some research before asking this question. I had looked up the prior thread located here. http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/548923-toshiba-laptop-power-cord-failure.html
    As well as a few other places. The universal charger is not working now. I had my thoughts on the Jack as well however. its a pretty new computer, only about a 1.5 yrs old. Since its a Universal adapter I went and tried the adapter on my girlfriends laptop. Same problem, however when I plug my girlfriends charger into hers it works perfectly fine. No problems what so ever.

Now here is what worries me.

My Jack does get warm sometimes. but the Adapter gets very hot until my laptop is completely charged.
    My computer recognizes that it is plugged in however the power light will flash between orange and blue while the battery will be orange regardless if its fully charged. If its fully charged it will be blue but when this happens it changes to orange and the screen dims.

These are the only problems that I have noticed thus far. Any suggestions or thoughts.? Maybe just buy a new charger? Time to replace the Jack and Charger?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Andrew

2. oksteve

oksteve

I think the first step is to get the right power cord for your Toshiba and that is a Toshiba power cord. I know they are more expensive but as they say,"Buy cheap,pay twice".
    Then decide about the jack.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Absolutely using the right cord can be critical and is always the best idea to use mfgr of laptop on that one.

4. Korbei

Korbei Thread Starter

Alright I have purchased the Toshiba Adapter. I will let you know in a few days if this fixes the problem. Thank you again.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Thanks, please do let us know.

6. Korbei

Korbei Thread Starter

Well ive had this charger for about 32 hours now and its running without problems. The bottom of the laptop still gets warm but thats normal. thanks again for all the help ^^ just curious thought. If a power jack problem does eventually come up. How much is to repair. I know how much it is for the jack alone, but not for all the work.

7. oksteve

oksteve

Glad your up and running, regarding the jack situation you'd probably be best to start another topic for that.

Don't forget to click solved :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice