1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: power LED plug

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ftgml, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ftgml

ftgml Thread Starter

My mobo-ECS PT890T-A's manual says to plug the power/sleep/message waiting LED to the 2 and 4 pins on the 10 pin Panel1 header, but the front panel power led cable has 3 holes. Any suggestions?

2. Sponsor

3. jazz3000

jazz3000

Try it. Even with the 3rd hole it should work. Jazz

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

This is a three pin connector with the outer two pins used and the middle empty? What you need to do is move the "+" wire over to the middle location. Then plug the connector into pins 2 & 4 on the motherboard (the empty pin will hang over).

Contacts can usually be removed from the connector using small tweezers. There is a plastic tab on the side that you lift up to unlock the pin.

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

With the center hole empty it will not work.

The plug is a kk connector. On the back of the connector is a little 3 sided "door" and the top acts as a hinge. Take a small sharp object such as an Exacto knife, large needle, etc. and lift up the little "door". Holding the "door" slightly open will allow you to "gently" pull and remove the wire from that connector shell. Move the wire over to the empty shell, and insert it in te empty shell. Now you should have 2 wires side by side. With scissors trim off the now unused end shell being careful not to cut into the shell where the wire is now located. Leave some material on the trimmed off shell and with an Exactor knife or other sharp knife smooth the edge you cut off so you end up with a smooth 2 pin connector.

If the wire you move doesn't lock into the empty shell, rotate the end of the wire connector 180 degrees and it should lock into the shell.

If you happen to have any 1x2 kk connectors you can simply remove the wires from 1x3 connector, and insert them in a 1x2 connector.

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

Sorry Frank4D I should have refreshed the page before I wrote the instructions. :eek:

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Happens to me all the time. I'll be composing a response and by the time I post it, somebody already has.

8. ftgml

ftgml Thread Starter

Thank you all.
    I followed Win2KPro's "backdoor" method and it worked.
    Happy New Year!

9. win2kpro

win2kpro

Glad you solved your problem. Happy New Year!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785313