1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Power light flashing and PC not booting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by captain2149, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain2149

captain2149 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have just been handed a computer from my next door neighbour, it seems to be a home build (or a computer shop build) so im unsure of the exact specs as it is not booting, they are telling me that until yesterday it was working fine... but now it will not start..

All I can tell from opening it up is that it is XP, has an Eagle power supply, a winfast motherboard and 512mb of Dan electric Ram..

when you switch the system on all the fans start and the hard drive spins up, but then there is one beep and the green power led on the front of the case goes from constant green to flashing green and nothing else happens..

I have removed and checked the HD wich is fine, I have reseated the RAM and even changed it from DIMM 1 to DIMM 2, but none of this makes any difference..

Could it be a power supply fault or a Motherboard fault?? or even a graphics card fault?? how can I find out which it is??

I have asked my neighbours if they still have the user manuals but they claim they threw them out when they moved in about 3 years ago...

Can anyone help??

Many Thanks
    Geoff

2. captain2149

captain2149 Thread Starter

Fixed, removed the PCI graphics card, and went back to the onboard graphics.. started and ran straight away...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice