1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Power Point slide show

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lola2001, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Is it possible to save an individual photo from a power point slide show?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Click on the image in PP so there are handles around it in slide view and copy and paste it into a graphics app as a new image.

3. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Thanks. That did work, however I wonder why the quality is so much better in powerpoint then when I pasted it into photoshop? I saved it as a high quality jpg and it doesn't look very good.

4. melonhead

melonhead

Try writing clicking on the picture and then choose Save picture as.. and save it. I generally get better results this way then the copy and paste method.

Good luck.

5. tajsimmons

tajsimmons

lola2001,

There's another 3 ways to try.

1) View the slideshow, press the PrtScn/ Print Screen key on your keyboard, when the picture is displayed. Photoshop > file > new > ok > edit > paste

2) Select the picture in powerpoint. Edit > copy > start ms photo editor > edit > paste as new image. That gets you the original quality of the picture that went into powerpoint in the first place. Then save it from ms photo editor. This technique only works with MS photo editor (IMHO it's photo editors only use!).

3) see this page for how to get more pixels out of powerpoint when you "Save as > jpg png etc"
    Improve PowerPoint's GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG export resolution
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00052.htm

Cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp
    http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

6. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I didn't realize there was another reply...I didn't get the email.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice