1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Power Point's Won't Open

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by VirgieLou, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VirgieLou

VirgieLou Thread Starter

After having computer repair for what he said was corruption, no new or in documents power points will open. Message says The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folders options control panel.

I went there and could not figure out how to do this. It looked very confusing. I am an elder person and would like some simple instructions on how to get my power points to play again, pretty please.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. VirgieLou

VirgieLou Thread Starter

I have power point viewer 2007. Didn't see Microsoft Power Point in documents. We got the full Microsoft Office free for 3 mo. When it expired my brother downloaded a clone Office that worked just fine and it use to open them on something called Simpress. Now that list of open with doesn't come up for me to click that.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You must be talking about Impress. It's part of OpenOffice.

Can't you select PowerPoint Viewer in the list?

5. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

VirgieLou, Go to the link below and follow the instructions under the Resolution section and download the Free PPSFix utility. Download PPSFix.zip (~12 KB). Unzip the file and run the utility. Select PowerPoint Viewer 2007 and the file types that you want to fix, and then click Fix. Note that you need to login as administrator in order to use this utility.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm

It should correct the problem and allow you to open both pps files and ppt files,

Tufenuf

6. VirgieLou

VirgieLou Thread Starter

Thanks a million....it worked! So I can see all the new Christmas power points I'd saved (unopened). :)

7. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

VirgieLou, Glad to see that the problem is fixed and Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas

Tufenuf

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887289