Solved: Powerpoint 2007 insert image

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevcott9

I insert a image in a new slide, but when I go to the next slide in the slideshow I get a grey box left. So clicking thru my slideshow, I get my image, then a grey box and then the next slide. This only happens with images.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you post a screen shot of this grey box?

kevcott9

I'd tried to, but clicking on the image icon, it askes for a http address

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
A screen shot only requires the use of the "Print screen" button and then you can paste that into a image program and then save it and post it here.

But since you are getting this request for a HTTP address, means that you have pasted in a link to the file that came from the internet.

kevcott9

I've done the screen capture, but when I go to insert it into this message using the insert image icon (2 mountains and sun) it requests a url address.

The grey box is the same size as the image. so it goes, slide as required, <click> image disappears, grey box appears <click> next slide

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Once the screenshot is made, did you open a imaging program such as Pain, Paint Shop Pro, or even Adobe Elements and paste the screen shot into a new image and then save this image to your drive with name and location that you can find it?
One you saved this to your hard drive, go to the "Go Advanced" button here in this thread and there you will see a method to upload this saved image and it will be include with your current reply.

kevcott9

I'll take your word for it. Think I can describe it as a white screen with a grey square the size of the original image.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have NOT been able to reproduce what you are getting.
A screen shot and a step by step of how you did this insert may help us help you.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd tried to, but clicking on the image icon, it askes for a http address
At the bottom of the TSG reply window ... Go Advanced .. Find manage attachments ...
Upload your Screen Shot from Manage Attachments.

kevcott9

When I insert a new slide it is defaulting to "Title and Content". If I select "Title" the grey bit is no longer there.
I love the way Microsoft make simple things complex!!!

Thanks for your time.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It sounds like you're making the PP .. by inserting one slide at a time.
I've only made a couple .. But I arranged all my slides in a Folder .. Sized and prepared them for the Show ..
Then inserted all the slides in one step ... Have you tried it this way ???

It's a whole lot easier to mess with pictures in a folder .. That do it in PP
Simple things are not as complex .. When they're pictures in a folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online