1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PowerPoint-how to rearrange slide show. etc

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lilart, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

I have made a slide show in PowerPoint. Now I find I need to rearrange the slides. I have the slide show on two computers, one has PowerPoint 2000 and the other has 2003 version. I have no user manuels for either one. I need to know the procedure to change the arrangement. Also, there are a few slides that needed lightening. I am having a hard time replacing the original one with one lightened in Photoshop Elements. Any help with these problems will be much appreciated. Thanks lilart

2. Hughv

Hughv

Have you tried the Help file?

3. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

Yes, I have printed out several pages. Didn't have time to work on it yesterday. If I'm not successful, I'll be here again. Thanks, lilart

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    With PowerPoint open look on the Bottom bar and you should see three icons, click the sorter and there you can drag them from where to where you want them.

Attached Files:

5. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. I figured out a way, but if there is a more simple one, I'll certainly use it. Now, I'm lost on how to get one of the slides to Photoshop Elements for enhancement. I've tried copy and paste, but when I copied and pasted in MS Publisher, MS works and Word, Elements won't accept the files. If you have any solutions to that please let me know. Thanks again, lilart

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    If you have the original image that was inserted into the slide, you can edit it with a photo editing program. Then you can delete the old image and insert the new one.

If you do not have the original, then right click the image, save as a image some where on your drive, edit it, and then reinsert it in the slide after deleting the old image.

7. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

Well, I finally got the picture to Photoshop Elements to get the color right. But now I can Copy the one with adjusted color, but cannot paste it into a blank in the slide show. What have I done wrong that prevents me from pasting something from the clipboard. I hope you can give me a clue as to what is laking or missing in my steps to get this done. Thanks again, Hope you or someone can help. lilart

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Did you make this ppt file from scratch or did you get it from someone else?

Is this a "Photo Album" type of PPT file?

9. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

I made this PowerPoint slide-show with photos we took 36 years ago. They were slides I had scanned to files. I didn't have too much trouble finally making the slide show, but didn't like some of the color that came from scanning. I'm not sure what you mean by "Photo Album" type. I plan to show the slide show on a laptop computer at a meeting for former Peace Corps volunteers. It will be on a table continuously running (kiosk style). I just would like some of the slides enhanced by correcting the coloring that you sometimes get from old photos and an old Epson scanner. Thanks for your tips. I appreciate any help or suggestions you have for me. Thanks again. lilart

10. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Why are trying to copy and paste.
    Open a new slide and the insert the photo from the folder that you saved it in.

11. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

Dave, I have opened the new slide many times. I get the space to put the picture, but I can't seem to have the steps to get the pictures from Document files into the space provided. I get messages that tell me the pictures are not the right kind. They are the pictures that I improved the coloring and saved as .jpg files. What would be wrong with that? If you could give me the steps to get the files (pictures) from My Documents into the "new slides" space I would be grateful. I've printed out some help from MIcrosoft, but haven't found the answer yet. I'm about ready to give it up. Can you or anyone help with this problem. Thanks again. lilart

12. Hughv

Hughv

13. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

Thanks for the interest in helping out. In the PowerPoint show I'm trying to finish---when the PowerPoint show is open, I go to "Insert" and select "Slides from files". Up comes "Slide Finder. I click on "Browse". "Afganistan" is listed in "Look In" (that folder does not contain the wanted files), so I click the down arrow button and select"My Documents" and "All files", then scrolled down to "ReadytoFloat1Edit.jpg", clicked on "Open". Window appears saying "PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented.by "ReadytoFloatEdit1.jpg. If I click on the display button, I get window saying "PowerPoint can't access "ReadytoFloatEdit1.jpg because file is invalid." I'm so frustrated in trying to put a editted picture into the PP show. I do appreciate the links to help. I have mastered most of the steps to put a PP together, but trying to add a editted page or two has been a pain in the neck and a time waster. Any clue you can give me to what I'm doing wrong would be welcomed. Thanks, lilart

14. Hughv

Hughv

You want to insert a picture, not a slide.

15. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

When I choose Insert, then Picture, the selections for Pictures are greyed out. How can I get around that? Hope you can figure out why that happens. Thanks so much. lilart

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice