1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: prevx will not allow redirect

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jono1234, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jono1234

jono1234 Thread Starter

will try to be brief. HELP!! just installed prevc 3.0 . now when i try to use a search engine i receive a PREVX alert telling me that I have a host file redirect issue and that i should shut down this page or risk malicious software attacks. i selected fix and i get a messege saying has been cleaned and it disconnects my connection. but it keeps doing this. the only way i got to this page was because the page was saved in my favorites.

i've been trying to clean malware and viruses for two weeks now. i have a dell vostro 1000 with XP Op system. the Int Explorer was set to Google as a search default. My virus software protection had lapsed. problems started with alot of ad popups, then started to get alot of redirects when searching to places like icity or ifind and others. i would have to close the page to get out. then started to get false internet security virus alerts directing user to click on the link, my daughter followed them. goto where i could not close the windows, it would just keep popping back up. other errors, popups saying gongradulations you just won. blah blah blah. most recently ive started to get alarming beeps upon boot ups, would eventually stop as laptop goes thru boot. also get flashing letters of my login name, when i clicked on it it would sometimes load my settings and other times not. also recieving flash player 10 errors (may not be associated as I reloaded it when i removed down load manager from the computer)
    installed is free version of AVIRA premium, Prevx 3.0, Malwarebytes. I also have DEP ON FOR essental WINDOWS programs and services only.

not sure what else to do? dont know if host files are infected. i ran a pc registry which came back ok.

at my wits end. need help

2. jono1234

jono1234 Thread Starter

moved to another forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice