Solved: Price For My PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oOMaximusOo

Hi I thinking about selling my pc and wondering how much its worth, here are the specs:

Windows Xp Professional
Pentium Dual Core CPU
E6300 @2.80 GHz
2gb ram
512.0 MB GeForce 8800 GT
292 GB Hard Drive

(please tell me if you need to know more)

etaf

First Name
Wayne
what country are you in

whats the exact make and model
would this include monitor, etc

I would not expect a lot for that box, as its very cheap to buy desktops in UK now ...starting at around £350

First Name
Jay
WIth out the unknowns such as Make and model of system, or same for motherboard, power supply, and some others, I can get used computers meeting the same specs you provided, in my area for $300 US

oOMaximusOo

Hi ,Thanks for replying, I'm in the UK

Specifications
INTEL
System Model: DG41TY
BIOS Version: Intel Corp. TYG4110H.86A.0031.2009.0626.1405

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 3.0
PID: 76487-640-1239607-23309
Hot Fix: XpsEPSC

Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 2 GB

Processor
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz
Version: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Speed: 2799 MHz

And could you tell me where to find the Other Information I need

If the machine is less than 1 year old you could expect to get approximately 60-65%
of replacement cost.

Your best bet in the UK is EBAY with a couple of pics do not over price the postage cost as this can be a put off, private local sales are a bit hit and miss,

etaf

First Name
Wayne
thats the motherboard info
I was after the make - which should be written on the PC

Dell
HP
Packard Bell
Avant
Gateway
etc etc

I'm not a gamer - so not sure if a modern intergrated grahics card with 1GB of memory is the same as the 512MB seperate card you have
if so
look at this 3GB machine
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...fm=2&sm=4&tm=0&sku=685103&category_oid=-35432

at currys - for £380

so for you machine you would need to be c£150 i guess ....
assuming you have the full kit
Flat screen, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers if not part of screen

I would go with Etaf... although I think 150 is the higher end. The 88 is an old card, value about 30 quid, CPU maybe 40, HD about 30... about 100 quid. Thats a rough component value.

I would realistically expect £100, anything over that a bonus. That assumes mouse and keyboard, monitor,at the very least. With a monitor, will depend. If its 19 or above, could be worth a bit more.

Sorry, but in terms of value, its not a lot, but for what you can get new, not a lot of value.

Oh, and Etaf, would you mind if I ask which bit of Surrey you are in? Only as I am in the same area:) Dont worry, if its a no, its just curiosity.

oOMaximusOo

Thanks for the help , I'm considering in investing in an alienware Pc so I was hoping to get a bit of money out of my current pc.

Oh and I have a 20 inch monitor is that worth keeping,or should I sell it all as a bundle?

etaf

First Name
Wayne
Gulo Luseus:
Your right £150 was the very top end expectation all complete, and if anyone wants one - these days its difficult to find people willing to pay for 2nd hand ....
I live near Leatherhead, Epsom way M25 J9 :)

Whats the monitor - quality may be a lot better then the current cheaper screens sold - so you may want to think about keeping that - although selling just a box will be much harder ....
I have tried to give away old boxs to schools, charity shops etc, but they want it it all electrical tested, or will not accept anything ..

You may want to think about reformatiing and reloading the recovery CD to set to factory condition - just depends on how mch personal data you have on the PC

oOMaximusOo

Thank you all who have replied and I now have a good Idea of roughly how much my pc is worth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online