1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: price tag on emachine t3256

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hairybusdriver1, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hairybusdriver1

hairybusdriver1 Thread Starter

I have an emachine t3256 model computer. I wanted to sell i on ebay. Now it has a clean install of windows xp home edition, AMD Athlon XP 3200 processor clocked at 2.2 ghz. It has 2 512 MB Kingston sticks of RAM. The ATI Radeon xstasy 9550 graphics card, which only has 128 mb VRAM. Two separate HDD's both equaling up to 211 gbs (one is 160 gbs, and the other at around 51 I believe) A sound Card that i believe was purchased in 04. I don't remember which kind it is. I dont have the proper cables to start up the computer to check out those details yet. 2 DVD-RW drives (not sure why). 5 USB ports.
    It was given to me by my brother as a gift. It was one of his older computers that he didn't use anymore. I wanted to sell it online and make a profit. Now I wasn't sure what would be a fair price. I looked at all of the parts it was made up of individually and priced them online and added it all up. If i priced it based on that than I could label the price on eBay from 294-383$. Now I look at the market and realize that you can get a whole lot better computer than this for at least 300$. Not great, but lets face it, this emachine is now 6 years old. But i wanted to get at least 300 for it. However it is a used computer. Any suggestions on price. It works fine, actually it is a little loud. I'm not sure why it is, if i cant fix that than i probably should drop the price, as that is a fault. anyways your suggestions are appreciated. :D

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    An eMachines desktop is really a low end computer to begin with, not being mean just stating facts, the fact that it is at least 6 years old, to be honest $150 - $175 is high end for a systems like that I see for sale in my area And that includes a monitor.If you do not have the OS Disc to go with it that makes it even less appealing. As I said I am not saying this to be mean, just that I would suggest rethinking your selling price.

3. Bernardo

Bernardo

$300?????????? :eek:

No way. Never. You'd be LUCKY to get $100....IF you could find a buyer.

4. hairybusdriver1

Hmmm, well its ok, ur not being mean, thats why i posted the question, so i could get a good idea of what price to start at. I suppose ill go for 150-200, cause you see the thing is, i look online at the pieces of hardware individually, and the CPU alone is at least 100 online to buy. and the Sticks of RAM are 20 a piece. the graphics card i understand isnt new so that would be cheap i know that, plus itt kind of stinks. so, i think ill go from at least 150-200. anyways thanks for the suggestions.

5. hairybusdriver1

Maybe i wont even sell it than. it seems like i would belosing out altogether. So i wont even bother selling it. it seems more like 50-75 would be a fair price range. i dont have the OS disc or a monitor to go wit it. its more valuable to me here. anyways thanks guys for the suggestions.

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

The prices for the individual parts don't count.....they are used. They are not new. You are probably looking at RETAIL prices, and you are correct, I'm not being mean. Just realistic......

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice