1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Print Screen in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CLOWNJIMBO, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CLOWNJIMBO

CLOWNJIMBO Thread Starter

How can I use the "Print Screen Key" in windows 7?

I tried downloading the print sceen listed in google and all hell breaks loose with colors ect.

Thanks in advance,

Clown jimbo:rolleyes:

2. SevenUp132

SevenUp132

can you not just press the "prt scr" key on your keyboard and paste it in paint?
    or "alt" key + "prt scr" key to pick only the active window.

3. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Although not directly answering your question, have you tried the Snipping Tool available in Windows 7? Rather than being limited to either the full screen or a window that lets you select the specific area you want to capture and lets you save it directly to a file. Or email it. Possibly even print it although I'm not certain about that. (I've never done it & can't check to be sure that you can as I'm not on 7 here.)

4. SevenUp132

SevenUp132

i sure do and it works fine :)
    but a cant clearly see whats your issue is

can you post a screenshot of your screenshot problem? lolz (do you understand what i mean :) ?)

** here's a screen shot done with the snipping tool.

Attached Files:

5. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Sorry, I was replying to the OP's question. Probably should have quoted it to make that clear.

6. CLOWNJIMBO

When I'm on the internet and I push the PrtScr/SysRq key either or with out the alt key nothing happens??
    Where would I find the Sniipping tool? Do I have to activate something?

I can't post a screen shoy because I can't get one.
    I have an HP standard wireless Key Pad .

7. gfne

gfne

When doing ALT-PrtSc, the snapshot remains in clipboard. In order to see and use it, you need to open Microsofts' paint utility to paste it, and save it as jpeg for attachment purposes.

To open Microsoft paint, using the keyboard, press START-R and type "mspaint" without the quotes. You then can paste any snapshots performed with ALT-PrtSc

8. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

I believe you'll find the Snipping Tool in the Start Menu, under Accessories. I can't be specific about that as I'm relying on memory-Windows 7 isn't available where I currently am.

9. CLOWNJIMBO

:Duseing the alt key and prtscr then going to the start button, typing mspaint and the pasting and then printing works.

Before just using the prtscr key worked. Why is it now so difficult with these advanced computers.

What is this snipping tool and where do i find it.

Thanks

10. gfne

gfne

I guess the employee that wrote that piece of code for Microsoft, left and took that code with him/her.

11. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

easiest way to find the snipping tool is to type "snip" (without the quotation marks) in the search box on the start menu. Should be the top option in the results. Click on it and give it a try, its simple and may be just what you want CLOWNJIMBO

edit- you can email right from the snipping tool, make notes on it if you want as well

12. CLOWNJIMBO

I got snipping tool to work - but looks as though I have to save it to a file to print.

The snip won't print on it's own.

I gues I'm giving up on the really small issue.

Thank to every one for thier help.

You'd think things would improve for this 75 year old guy who was brought up on a TI computer with a tape recorder graduated to pc jr with 60K then to 256K and now to todays world of 6gigs in the ram and 1T of memory. A lot has changed but not all for the better - "execpt for you guys at Tech Support Guys

ClownJimbo

13. CLOWNJIMBO

Thanks to all for your help in this matter.

Looks as though there is no easy way to just print what's on the screen ----Thanks again

Clown Jimbo

14. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

This is the way it's always worked in Windows. Some old DOS systems would print the screen immediately though.

The ability to just push the PrntScr key and have it saved to a file, or be printed would be a feature provided by 3rd party software.

15. CLOWNJIMBO

After 3 days of trying to get an answer - I installed Gadwin Print Screen Professional.
    Cost me about $25. All tou do is hit the Prt/Scr key then print. All automatic.
    Why Microsoft doesn't do this is behond me.
    I did use Techguys and Microsoft forum to no availe - the answer was right on Google. 'GADWIN'.
    You don't have to make files print or what ever.

CLOWN JIMBO

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice