1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Print Spooler in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dunnetb, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dunnetb

Dunnetb Thread Starter

My HP printer doesn't work. I go to 'my computer', 'services & applications', 'services' and click on 'print spooler'. It says that the print spooler is stopped. When I click on start, I get the message: Windows could not start the print spooler service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. CLCS

CLCS

3. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi

- go to Component Services then look for Print Spooler, right click on it and Stop the service
    - go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS then delete everything
    - go back to Component Services then look for Print Spooler, then Start the service
    - Restart PC and try printing again

Good Luck

4. Dunnetb

Dunnetb Thread Starter

5. Dunnetb

Dunnetb Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I followed suggestion made by 'CLCS' and printer is working at the moment so I'll see how it goes..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice