Solved: Print Spooler in Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dunnetb

My HP printer doesn't work. I go to 'my computer', 'services & applications', 'services' and click on 'print spooler'. It says that the print spooler is stopped. When I click on start, I get the message: Windows could not start the print spooler service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi

- go to Component Services then look for Print Spooler, right click on it and Stop the service
- go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS then delete everything
- go back to Component Services then look for Print Spooler, then Start the service
- Restart PC and try printing again

Good Luck

Dunnetb

Thanks for the reply. I followed suggestion made by 'CLCS' and printer is working at the moment so I'll see how it goes..

Hi

- go to Component Services then look for Print Spooler, right click on it and Stop the service
- go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS then delete everything
- go back to Component Services then look for Print Spooler, then Start the service
- Restart PC and try printing again

Good Luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online