Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Print spooler service error

14K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  CntrlAltDelete 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Yesterday I tried to print a document and got an error that there were no printers installed. I checked and all three of my printers were uninstalled somehow...

I tried going to My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services > and starting 'Print Spooler' but got the error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

From that point on, I have no ideas as to how to solve this problem. Please help =(

#3 ·
I can't add a printer. The process doesn't even start.

I had Samsung CLP-315 and another Dell and Epson. Right now all i really need is the samsung. I downloaded the driver from the samsung website and kaspersky detected it as a high threat when I ran it, so I decided against continuing it. Also I realized that my disk space has been going between 1.32 gb to 1.5 gb even after i delete spacious programs.

#12 ·
2 things you can do.

1) Go to c:\windows\system32\spool\printers
make sure hidden files are enabled and delete anything in there. Then try starting the spooler service.

2) Otherwise open up the printer and faxes folder, file, server properties, drivers, remove all the print drivers. The service should then start but you will need to reinstall all of your printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.