1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Print spooler service is not running

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by libertymonger, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

This wouldnt happen to be a Lexmark printer by any chance

2. ponie2kool

ponie2kool

Liberty, i had the same problem and FIXED THE PROBLEM
    1. Start>Run>Type"services.msc"
    2. Under Services look for "LexBce Server">Properties>Under General Tab go to "Start up type" and select Automatic. (My problem was it was Disabled)>click ok
    3. go down to "Print Spooler" verify that Startup Type is set to Automatic>then Start the Service Status.>click ok
    4. Control Panels>Printers>add>voila!!!

3. libertymonger

libertymonger Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I finally broke down and bought a new hard drive to start from scratch. I made backups of everything, and now I have a whole extra drive for backup AND I can print. The system seems to bootup and shutdown faster, so there may have been other problems as well.

By the way the printer is not a Lexmark.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Bye :)

A snail is purchasing an automobile, and he says to the salesman, “Can you put a big red S on the driver’s door?”
    The salesman asks, “Why?”
    The snail replies, “I always wanted to hear someone say, ‘look at that escargot!’”

4. karenski

karenski

Windows XP; HP Pavilion a 1020n; HP Officejet 5610v All In One. Printer was working fine and then it stopped-no icon on the printer page of computer showing a printer was installed. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer as that usually corrects problems, but I could not reinstall the printer as I got an error message-"This service(Print Spooler) is stopped and needs to be running for this installation to continue. Click fix to have the installer start the service" There is a category listed of the service-"spooler, manufacturer Microsoft, version 0.0.0.0 "and the further message-All issues must be fixed before installation can continue. Clicking "fix" did not fix the problem.I e-mailed Microsoft, but no reply. I contacted HP and their "techs" suggested some things to try-still no correction of the problem. I tried some of the other solutions your members suggested (under Services ,data execution prevention-under the section "Turn on DEP"-tried to add "C:WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe" and got message "file not found. Please verify the correct file name was given". Under properties window of print spooler a message appeared-"configuration manager. A required entry in the registry is missing or an attempt to write to registry failed". Under service msc, where the print spooler is listed -there is no indication of status of started or stopped in the status area, just a blank space. When I select "start" to correct this issue, I get a message "could not start: Print Spooler service on local computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified. "Basically the file is not found. This problem is over my head. I hope that I clarified the problem. Does something need to be downloaded to correct the problem or is it some other issue needing fixing? I would appreciate the help in finding a solution.

5. fergy1999

fergy1999

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Hello, If you could post all of this in a new thread it would get worked on much faster since this thread has been marked solved and also it is extremely difficult to wotk on more than one problem/per/person/ in a thread, it is just to difficult to keep track of who what is for.

Thank you and looking forward to your post.

7. fergy1999

fergy1999

yep tryed it three times

8. jmattesmd

jmattesmd

I had the problems mentioned above. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer software solved the problem, but it was a little trickly, because the "uninstall" from my program list wouldn't work. But when I put in the CD for the printer, I found the uninstall icon on the CD, and this uninstalled everything. I could then reinstall (with the printer off and disconnected from the computer), and then everything worked fine.
    I spent about 5 hours on this. The worst (most complex and unneccessarily dangerous) advice I got was from Microsooft bulletins ( eg., (324757, 919750, and 810894). How strange that I have to rely on unpaid good samaritans; why can't Miicrosoft montier these sites and provide a reasonable summary of solutions?

9. joeblow000

joeblow000

I just registered to say ponie2kool's post fixed my problem (was having the same damn thing happen) and THANKS A BUNCH!

10. WIBLEY

WIBLEY

Hi ChefTech, my husband's computer advised "Printer Spooling . . ." and I could not sort out the problem. Then I "googled" it and found the above reply. It worked! So thanks very much.

WIBLEY(y)

11. tonytranvn

tonytranvn

I have a quite different situation. My laptop crashed due to some violation of programs and after it went back, I lost every driver for printer, even PDF printer. I tried to add a new printer but the message "the Print Spooler Service is not running" continue buzzing me. I type Services.msc in Run dialogbox, click to Start the print spooler service but it failed. A message appears that some dependencies services failed to start. Click the tab Dependencies, I have an overview of dependent services. To me the LexBse Server was off. I turn in on, and then I click Start for Print Spooler Service. And it works again! All the printer drivers come back, I do not need to install anything!:D

12. harrypot

harrypot

Thank you very much.

This site really helped me million of thanks for the one who posted.(y)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/568893