Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: print spooler service not running on windows vista

26K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ckthakkar 
#1 ·
Hi, I hope someone can help me with the following problem:

For some years now I have a Sony VAIO laptop and a HP Laser Jet 1022 and I have made hundreds of prints without a problem. I tried some days ago to print a page of google with an address and directions on it but that would not work. When a day later I tried to print a normal word document I got the message "local print spooler service is not running" problem: 0X000006ba. I got another message: "spooler subsystem app has stopped working". The document from google that I tried to print the day before is still on the waiting list of my printer and I cannot get that deleted. When I trie to delete it I get the message that the local pint spooler service is not running. I have tried about everyting possible to solve this problem from removing the installed printers, which does not succeed for the same reason, to trying to activate the print spooler in various ways but to no avail. I would be grateful for any help that can be offered because I have spent several hours applying the various suggestions that were offered on this site and other sites but none helped. Thanks in advance for any help.

#3 ·
Thanks for your quick reaction. The only software that I think applies to my printer is: "Windows Drive Package Hewlett Pacakard Image" but until now I have not removed that because I do not know whether that may have other consequences which are undesirable. You think I can remove that without problems and then reinstall the printer software with the cd I have for this printer?

#6 ·
Thanks for your quick reaction. The only software that I think applies to my printer is: "Windows Drive Package Hewlett Pacakard Image" but until now I have not removed that because I do not know whether that may have other consequences which are undesirable. You think I can remove that without problems and then reinstall the printer software with the cd I have for this printer?
Well I don't have any problems if I do that.
Nor have I heard anyone else having any problem with uninstalling the printer driver and reinstalling it. :)

#8 ·
Can't you print at all?
Does the spooler still show the unprinted document?

Here are a few possibilities:

1. Is your Windows up-to-date? Sometimes that is the cause of many problems.

2. Sometimes, disconnecting the printer, waiting for like 30 seconds and retrying does the trick.

3. Also go into C:/Windows/System32/Spool/PRINTERS, delete all the files inside, and restart.

4. System Restore - If your printer was behaving normally before, this may be able to solve your problem.

Here are a few links you might have a look at:
Link1
Link2
Link3

#11 ·
Main reason for beginning of this problem is corrupted spooled document (Corrupt Print Job) which needs to be deleted as below. First follow document delete option and go for other options if required only.
Corrupted or outdated drivers - Update your drivers from official sites.
Corupt print job causing this? First Stop the spooler service and then go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete any files in there.
C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86. NOW delete any files in there and then restart your print spooler
Print spooler service is set to manual
Virus/spyware - Scan your computer with a good antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.