Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: print spooler service stops automatically

17K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  steben 
#1 ·
I keep starting it manually and within 30 seconds it stopped. Its set to auto and restarted machine 3 times and still no luck.

#2 ·
Try this:

Go here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/spooler.htm

Right click on the appropriate link (SpoolerHE.reg or SpoolerPE.reg) and select "Save to download folder" or "Save target as".

To add the info to the registry, right click on the downloaded file and select "Merge". When asked if you wish to add this info to the registry click "Yes"

You may want to backup your registry before adding the .reg file just in case something goes amiss. I have used this reg fix and haven't had a problem but one never knows.

#5 ·
I will look at that and give it a try Phantom.
Update have noticed that all printers are networked and when we opened printer folder they were all gone. Did a restart and they came back but then spooler stopped again and lost access to them. Will update phantoms suggestion soon

#6 ·
You might have a corrupt printer driver.

Read the following: How to clean up printer drivers
It worked, I used cleanspl.exe from my machine to remotely clean users machine. Did the job well.

Thank you to everyone for your help and I wish you and your families a very safe and happy holiday break (dont say Christmas break in case I offend)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.