1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Print using System Dialog...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asuss06, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

Ive printed off my computer for years with my epson printer by clicking on the printer icon or right-clicking and selecting print which would bring me to the windows print screen giving me the option to either "print" or "cancel". i just installed a new epson printer, and now i only get the option to "save" and "cancel".
    i dont want to save it, i want to print it!!! if i enlarge the box then wayyy down at the bottom theres a highlighted option to print where it says "print using system dialogue...(control + shift + P)", but i dont want that. is there a way to return my options up on top to "print" and not "save"?

thanks!

2. PIXELina

PIXELina

On the printer itself you should see a red x that cancels current printing jobs press that, but only if you want to cancel the printing job. In windows "Ctrl" and the letter "P" will automatically print your document. When you installed the printer you have to restart the computer as well sometime if you just plugged it in all options don't show up. If you have no luck with that you can change your printer to a wireless connection at this web address.
    http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/wireless/troubleshooting.html

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Where are you printing from exactly that you get these options? A word processing program or some sort of custom Epson program or something else?

4. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

im simply trying to print from my own e-mail, wanting to print out a message or invoice, or even just printing a page off of a website. i would normally either click on a printer icon or right-click/print, which would always take me to a print preview window on my computer ( I wish i knew how to attach images into these messages so i can easily show you what im looking at!!!). in the preview window, i had always been given the option to either print or cancel in big letters on a big button. now, im only given the option to save as a PDF or cancel in those same big letters on the same buttons im used to seeing. ive never had that option before. i want to print, not save! lastly, if i scroll all the way to the bottom of the print preview screen, it finally gives me a choice of "print using system dialog...(control + shift + P)"

if someone can tell me how to attach an image into these message boxes i can show you everything in one image and will clarify everything im talking about.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

oooops! i solved the problem. ive installed MANY epson printers over the years and ive never had to select the default destination of what it was i was printing. as long as the printer was the default printer, the print incon or rich-click/print would send it to the printer. apparently, in the print dialog window, it was asking me to "save" because no default destination was chosen. i thought the "default destination" option right below the save button was the destination of the saved PDF if i clicked save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone!

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad you got it figured out (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice