1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Printer Buggy

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by swat81, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swat81

swat81 Thread Starter

Alright, here goes~
    First let me tell you what kind of comp I have:
    Windows 98 Second Edition (Korean Version)
    Intel Pentium 4 1.4 giga hertz, 256 RD RAM, 32 TnT 2, 60 gigs, etc.

Ok, here is the problem, before when I had my Pentium 3 computer I had this Epson Stylus 660 printer and it worked just fine with Korean Windows. Now that I got this new comp Pentium 4 with Korean windows my printer does not work.

I simply reinstalled the printer driver over 20 times and even tried consaulting Epson about updated drivers. All this did not work, I even tried my printer on my friend's comp and it worked fine!
    So I believed that this printer was too outdated for my Pentium 4, I purchased a new printer Epson 820 USB supported. And it still does not work!

The main thing is that the computer knows definitely that there is a printer, since when I click on the printers tab it shows and I can check for ink levels as well. However when I try printing through programs they all say "there is no printer"

Help!

-Gene

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Are you deleting the device in device manager under the + Ports & LTP/Printer........then rebooting & letting Plug & play find it & then updating drivers after that?

Savvy :)

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi swat81, welcome to TSG.

Do you have the printer set as the default printer? Will a test page print?

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi there swat81 I had the same problem with a usb printer too and it took a while to get that recognised by the computer,the problem was finally solved by visiting epson.co.uk/support/download site and that sorted it best of luck ...Bob

5. swat81

swat81 Thread Starter

Cool, alright thanx for the idea but what I first did was I deleted my old printer drivers and then my computer automatically located the new printer by itself. Its a USB printer so everything was automatic, as for the updated driver I used the CD that came with it.

-Gene

6. swat81

swat81 Thread Starter

Well thisi s exactly what happens, it is set on default and the printer allows me to allign its settings and it responds to cleaning commands etc. However it just does not get recognized by any of my programs that have printing commands.

-Gene

7. ~Candy~

In the program that you are trying to print from, hit the file button, print......what shows up there for the printer of choice?

8. swat81

swat81 Thread Starter

hmmm... thank you for giving me a site address but I'm not sure what I'm suppose to download here. My priter is Epson Stylus Photo 820 and it just does not seem to have anything for my printer model. :( :( :(

-Gene

9. swat81

swat81 Thread Starter

Hmmm... The regular print screen appears and the printer that I just installed shows as the default printer on the print screen, but when I click "ok" to proceed the message "there is no printer installed" appears. Very funky right?

-Gene:confused: :confused: :confused:

10. ~Candy~

No, not funky at all, just had it happen to me.....you've either got the wrong driver installed or not all of the drivers installed.

Rather than trying a 're-install' --- disconnect the printer from the computer......delete the printer in the printer control panel.

Restart the computer, make sure that the printer is gone.

Plug the printer back in (we're using the USB printer, correct)?
    Windows recognizes the new device? Asks for drivers?

11. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

If you want to look for updated drivers try here!

Savvy :)

12. telecom69

If you go to thatt site I gave you swat its exactly the same one as acacandy gave and your driver is there waiting to be downloaded all you have to do is click on the select a printer box,I have just checked it out and seen it myself....Bob

13. telecom69

Sorry savvy lady I know it was you who gave him the address my mistake your wrong but its the epson support site I told him about earlier and Ive just checked it out and seen the driver there ...Bob

14. telecom69

Hi there Candy nice to see you again your right when you say he has the wrong driver installed I had exactly the same problem the computer wouldnt recognise my USB printer either and epson know about this problem and have made available new drivers at their support site which both SavvyLady and myself have told him about ...Bob

15. telecom69

You were right first time Savvy that first address you gave was right if he goes there its the first thing he will see select a printer and if he clicks on that his printer is right in front of him,well the driver is anyway,he cannot possibly miss it ...Bob

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice