Solved: Printer Disappeared

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acdcfan07

Hello,
So, one day, I decide to print something on Microsoft Word, and a message popped up, saying "no printers could be found". I checked "Printers and Faxes" under the control panel, and I noticed that my printer had not appeared. My printer is an HP Photosmart C4580. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please let me know. Another thing, I noticed on other threads that people had the same problem as me, however they said that they had a message pop up regarding the printer spooler. I will let you know this now that I have NOT had this message pop up, just so you are aware in advance.

Thanks,

Nardone

Hi,

You should be able to click "Add a printer" and select your printer. Have you tried this?

hiya,have you tried a system restore to an earlier date when it was working correctly

acdcfan07

No, I haven't. I really don't know much about computers (as you can tell). Could you tell me how to do the system restore?

Go to Start > Run and type in services.msc

Scroll down to Print Spooler and double-click on it. Make sure the start-up type is set to Automatic and the service is started.

acdcfan07

stantley,
I tried this but everything was what it needed to be. I even tried to restart the service, and yet I still had no luck.

hiya Acdcfan07,this is how to perform a system restore to an earlier time,it will not delete any files or folders you have,Go toStart>programmes>accessories>system tools>system restore,select restore my system to an earlier time,on the calender presented to you select any date that is in the bolder print(you can go back further clicking on the arrow in the top left corner) once you have selected a date when you recall all was well follow the instruction next to continue.Be patient it could take quite a while,when it is complete it will tell you of the changes that were made if any,see if this has worked,if not you can enter this process as many times as you want going back or forward,hope this helps Huggie54,g/luck

acdcfan07

I tried the system restore, that didn't work, and I also tried reinstalling the printer with the CD, and that didn't work, either.

Can you try another USB chord if that is how it is hooked up.....have you tried it on another PC ......just plug it in and see if it recognizes something.

Is the power light on the printer?

How old is the printer?

acdcfan07

Yes, I have the printer connected via USB on my other computer, which has vista, and also connected wirelessly, and it works just fine. I have no problems with the printer on that computer. When I had the printer connected to my xp computer wirelessly, it also worked just fine, with no problems, whatsoever.

acdcfan07

Well, actually, I was able to get the printer to work. I went on the HP website, and downloaded the driver meant for the printer. Somehow, that worked, when I tried that before and it didn't work. To answer huggie54's question, my main computer, which has Windows Vista, is hooked directly to the router and is also hooked up directly to the printer via USB. My other computer, which is the one that had the connection problem, has Windows XP on it, and is connected to the router, wirelessly. Since it is working now, I obviously do not need any other help with this.

Thanks for the help!

glad to hear your'e up and running,hope you have saved the driver for use in the future if needed,please mark your thread as solved,g/luck Huggie54

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online