1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zeus.:God, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zeus.:God

Zeus.:God Thread Starter

Have a brand new Epson Workforce 610 printer- really nice, all the bells and whistles, and I got it cheap (99 bucks)... At first it was great, have the drivers installed on two computers and they both worked fine, and prints came out fast and clear over my home network, wirelessly. Both computers have XP, one being Home (SP3), and the other being Media Center (SP2). Well, all of a sudden, my Home computer just stopped printing, and the Media Center one works fine...

Every time I try to print a file on my Home computer, no matter what file, big or small, it will always bring up the Epson print status window and say 0/0 pages, and the bar will not fill. After a few moments I get a bubble from the task tray that says, "This document failed to print". I bring up the event manager by clicking that bubble, and it says "Error-Printing" under Status. The trouble shooting options have not helped me one bit, nor have Google searches yielded any relevant results. I have updated all my drivers (reinstalled them and updated them), and everything checks out fine- the printer connects and is ready to print and scan- my printer has a 3/3 bar connection and is connected to the correct network and everything, yet it still will not print from this computer.

This is very infuriating, as every printer I have ever owned has given me loads of trouble. The College Humor video, "Your Printer is a Brat", describes everything perfectly. :mad:

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

2. Zeus.:God

What is this spam? That's what 1 Google search pulled up, and that's not the problem whatsoever.

3. Zeus.:God

4. Hughv

Hughv

Is the printer attached to a router?
    Can you ping it from the Home computer?
    I'd start by reinstalling it on the Home computer.

5. Zeus.:God

The printer is connected to the network via it's on board WiFi capabilities.

Yes, I can ping the printer from my Home computer, no problem. The Epson software has no problems connecting or identifying the printer over my home network.

I've already reinstalled the drivers, and that didn't work. I also updated them to the newest version, and that also didn't work.

6. Zeus.:God

7. Hughv

Hughv

Reinstall the printer, not the drivers. For many printers this means attaching a USB cable and starting over. Just follow the maker's procedure.

8. Zeus.:God

Well, that's kinda' what I did. The printer doesn't need to be connected to the computer via USB to be installed. Like I said, the software can detect it, I can ping the printer, it's connected- I've reinstalled everything multiple times. It has to be something in Windows preventing it from actually printing.

9. Hughv

Hughv

What error message is displayed on the printer?
    I would definitely uninstall anything to do with this printer and start over to save time.
    Do you have a 3d party firewall?

10. Zeus.:God

Again, already done that. I've already completely uninstalled and cleared everything, and reinstalled everything. Didn't work.

There is no error message displayed on the printer because whenever I try to print, it doesn't communicate with it at all, but it will communicate perfectly fine trying to ping it of connect the computer to the printer via the Epson software. The only "error" that shows up is the bubble coming from the task tray saying "This document failed to print". As I've said before, I've done all the trouble shooting, fully reinstalled everything, and updated all the drivers.

This is pretty much what I get when I try to print.

[​IMG]

No, I don't have a 3rd party firewall.

11. Hughv

Hughv

Well, there's your answer. This printer is on the wrong port. Change it to a TCP/IP port.

12. Zeus.:God

That's just a picture I pulled off the internet as an example of the bubble. That's talking about a Samsung printer, and I have an Epson... ;)

[​IMG]

That's the exact bubble I was getting. I thought I was over-clarifying what I was talking about already, I guess not.

13. Hughv

Hughv

Alright, what port is it assigned to?

14. Zeus.:God

It's on the EpsonNet print port, EPDACD1F:WORKFORCE610. Not quite sure if that's what you were asking for.

15. Hughv

Hughv

Right-click the printer/properties/ports.
    You might want to update this computer to SP3 to see if it helps.
    Something has obviously changed-have you added any programs or made other changes lately?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice